Saturday 22 February 2020

Winter Terrain

With the start of my latest project, 28mm WW2 Germans in winter clothing, l realised I needed some purpose built terrain. More on the Germans in my next post.

First up I picked up a cheap wipe clean table cloth, should cover a 7x4ft table for £5. The marble effect doesn't look too bad. Definitely better than a grass mat for winter battles. I then repurposed a few existing terrain pieces that haven't been used in quite a while. They were some stone walls and log cabins from Pegasus hobbies. The cabins are described as Russian so will fit in for Eastern front battles.

So using a mixture of PVA, water and Snow flock I set to work. All in took about an hour to complete and I'm happy with how they look.




I've now got a load of coffee stirrers and modelling sticks so I can start on some fencing. First though need to get the Germans based up.

No comments:

Post a Comment