Saturday 6 April 2024

DAK update

I finally decided on the bases for my infantry and also decided to add bases to the vehicles, just helps to prevent damage. The tufts are from some left overs from my WW1 Turks. They seem to suit the North Africa theme.

First up is the armour. 2 Panzer IVs F, 2 Panzer III and an early Stug III G. They are all Zvezda kits. Nice and easy to put together. For all the models I wanted to give them a campaign look.






My decals have finally arrived, so I can start adding them over the weekend. The completed infantry have also had the tufts added and I think they've come out ok.




I've now got a whole load more infantry prepped and undercoated along with 5 more vehicles. 3 of which are 3d resin prints that Mitch has done for me. 2 Sdkfz 222s and a Marder II. Along with 2 more Panzer IVs D.

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I did a similar basing for my 15mm armor. Where do you get decals for the armor? Mine could use some dressing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picked them up from EBay. Think they are for Flames of War

      Delete
  2. Very nice work on this collection Scotty - I had enough trouble with 28mm decals, not sure I could handle them in 15mm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. I'm still trying to pluck the courage up to add them.

      Delete