Sunday 28 May 2023

RCW artillery and Armoured Cars

Lucky for me, Mitch at the club put his 3d printer to work, supplying me with a Schnieder 155mm howitzer and a couple of armoured cars. He has also promised to add a Whippet  FT-17 and a Rolls Royce armoured car.

First up is the Howitzer, it certainly dwarfs my field guns in the collection. The crew are just some spare figures put to good use. A couple more would have been better, but I haven't come across anyone selling the crew separately. Mitch actually supplied the gun already painted, so just had the crew to do.



This will certainly add some extra firepower to the Bolsheviks. Next up was a couple of armoured cars, these are the Russo-Balt that were used as part of the Imperial Russian army. I haven't added any markings to the models so I can use them for either side.



As the models didn't come with machine guns I just added some simple plastic tubing for now. Looks fine from 3ft or so. The White rubber for the wheels were muddied up a bit as they were too bright.

10 comments:

  1. Very handy to have a friend with a 3D printer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very handy indeed. Just need to keep supplying him with resin

      Delete
  2. Great looking pieces Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stuff Scotty, you are fortunate to have a 3D printer buddy! I think Brigade Games sell their RCW gun crews seperateky but they may work out pricey with the US postage unfortunately ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. Did look at Brigade, but for a handful of figures postage is too much

      Delete
  4. Great looking additions Neil….it is a big gun, I might have been tempted to leave the crew of the base so it could change sides if captured and or be an objective. It seems unfair for one side to have all the fun 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, I wish I'd thought of that, though Mitch did say he could print another one for me

      Delete