Sunday 12 March 2023

Achaen archers and some Heroes

As I continue to make progress on this project I decided to add some missile troops to the Achaens in the form of two units of archers. The observant ones will notice a missing figure on one of the bases. He sadly became a casualty of war, snapping at the ankles as I removed him from the painting stick.



For heroes I completed another 2 figures from the hero pack from Museum miniatures, I believe these are to represent Achilles and Diomedes. I also completed the model of Aeneas, adding a spare bannerman to his base. I will actually use the model as Sarpedon to lead the Lukka contingent when I get them painted.




I do have another 3 units of Achaens nearing completion but I've unfortunately ran out of bases. While I await my order I may work on either some cavalry for my White Russians or a new Blood bowl team.

10 comments:

  1. This project is just steamrolling ahead! Or perhaps galloping would be a more appropriate term given the subject matter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, I am enjoying it, gutted I ran out of bases

      Delete
  2. I agree with Peter. You continue making Heroic strides forward with this project. See what I did here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I did and unfortunately the wargames butterfly in me os my Achilles heel

      Delete
  3. A cracking pace turning out the force in no time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always helps when I enjoy painting the figures and want a force ready to game

      Delete
  4. Another great bunch of figures Scotty...looking forward to seeing the next batch of RCW troops too!

    ReplyDelete