Sunday 19 March 2023

The Markov horse

I thought it was time to add a cavalry unit to my 'White' forces. As I had already done some infantry for the Markov officer battalion, I thought it only appropriate to add their attached cavalry. These were Kuban cossacks, dressed in their own particular style. As their uniform details are rather sketchy it gave me a little bit of freedom, keeping with the dark grey coats with a couple in a light grey. I did add the black shoulder boards to tie them into the infantry. The figures are all from Copplestone Castings. I must say the excessive flash on the figures took a while to clean up, kind of initially put me off completing them. Pleased I completed them though. 





All that I left for this collection is 2 HMG teams, 1 for the Whites and 1 for the Reds. I need to get them put together and done as I'm planning a large club game with the collection in the next couple of weeks.

14 comments:

  1. Despite any trouble in figure prep, the result is good and they are off your workbench. Congratulations on pressing through the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flash and cleaning up is a pain. You did a good job prepping, and the figures look great, love the grey. Copplestone figures are a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent looking unit Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good (if that can truly be said of Cossacks!), and a much needed mounted arm for the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my experience, flash is an unusual problem with Copplestone....hopefully you were just unlucky and got a bad batch! As always, they look great once painted and based.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it was just a bad batch. Though it's put me off more cavalry for now

      Delete
  6. Nicely done I wish I had some more RCW cavalry but it will have to wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, me too. May look at Reiver Castings for some alternatives

      Delete