Sunday 4 December 2022

Blood Bowl progress

As the clubs' Blood Bowl league continues (sitting top of the table for now) I decided to progress a couple of old teams I had sitting in the lead pile. Still need a bit of work to complete both teams, the requires figures are on the painting table.

First up is some Dwarves, these are all 1st and 2nd edition figures with the 3rd edition star player Grim Ironjaw.

Naugrim Ironfists

I have 2 more linemen (2nd edition), 2 troll slayers and 2 blitzers (3rd edition) currently being painted. The colour scheme is heather pink and blue. They were originally pink and grey as chosen by my wife many years ago. I much prefer the blue.

The next batch of figures are part of a second Skaven team. They are a mix of 2nd and 3rd edition figures. I also added my original Rat Ogre and a surplus blitzer to the team. I do have another lineman, blitzer and 3 Gutter Runners to complete.

Scuttleton Rats

I went for a dark green and yellow colour scheme for this team.

I now have a few WW1 Turks undercoated, hopefully get them painted before Christmas. THey are a mix of officers, riflemen and HMG teams. I also picked up a unit of muslim infantry for my WW1 Brits. Now 1 promise I made to myself was not to start any new projects this year. Well I managed to get to December and then purchased some 10mm Seven years War figures from Pendraken. I looking to field these as single base battalions of approx 10-12 infantry figures, the idea being fighting some of the larger battles of the war with limited table space.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the idea of a SYW project in 10mm! Single base BMUs (battalions or regiments) is what I do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit I can't wait to get started on it. Still need to think about which rules to use

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jon, having seen so many others using Pendraken figures for large scale battles, it is certainly something I could be tempted by, so I look forward to following your new project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pendraken produce some great figures. I once did AWI with their figures and still regret selling them

      Delete
  3. Not my thing but nicely done 👍

    ReplyDelete