Sunday 20 November 2022

Woe is me

Well have sorting out my ACW collection, I had it all boxed up in the spare room, ready to move into the shed once it decides to stop raining. Then on my return from gaming from the club, my wife was pleased as punch to mention that she had sorted the room, wanted to throw out the old sofa bed and that I needed a new book shelf for all my wargaming rules and uniform books. So far so good. I did then think to ask after my box of figures. "They are back under the sofa bed until it is removed" she says.

So to Friday and to move the figures. 5 boxes of ACW and 3 boxes of my FPW collections. When I picked up the first box, imagine the horror, the weight was all to one side. So I opened the first lid. For those wargamers of a nervous dispostion look away now.


Even my hand was shaking

All 8 boxes were the same, I couldn't take photos of the others. Thankfully my wife was at work and missed the expletives that I uttered. So another hour or so to re-sort all 8 boxes. Thankfully the damage is limited to a few broken bayonets and a little chipping to a few figures. They are now all safely stored in the shed under lock and key away from my other half.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, God! Well, I imagined a much worse ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a good image mate. Our gaming buddy has had two similar incidents...one involved removal men taking boxes of troops they were meant to leave for him...you can imagine what happened there....the other was quite recent and involved a garage roller door that was intended to be permanently closed, but was opened by a tenant in error, a 1.8m mdf cupboard and many box files of plastic Perry Austrians....currently, said Austrians are in the Process of being replaced. Suffice to say...your damages are minor compared to what he suffered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds bad. Thankfully after the initial shock, not too much damage

      Delete
    2. It is/was catastrophic...significant number damaged beyond repair....

      Delete
  3. Horror show, thankfully they sound ok, my wife has very clear instructions NOT to touch anything in the Dungeon, although she does sometimes threaten retribution for my own frequent misdemeanours 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not good Neil but it could have been worse.

    I've finally realised that while we don't always listen to them they don't always listen to us.

    ReplyDelete