Sunday 6 February 2022

Vapnartak

Well I finally made it to my first wargame show since the Covid pandemic hit these shores. It was fittining it was York, as York was the last show I went to in February 2020.

Despite some anxiety mixing with so many people, it was nice to feel normal again, well aprt from wearing a mask. The show was much more spread out. The large games normally on the ground floor were moved upstairs. I even forgot to take pictures...doh!

Purchase wise I was very restrained, keeping to my wanted list, though I did pick up a small bargain.

So some well needed paints, bases. I even picked up some brushes from ABC to try out as well as a few from my normal supplier Coritani. 

I picked up a resin well for my Colonial games, some Carlist LMG teams for the SCW and a pack of war mammoths for my 10mm Chaos army. Lastly was the bargain I came upon by chance, picking up 5 packs of Peter Pig Pony Wars range for £10. Nice little additions to the small collection that I really need to think about starting.

So happy to be back at show, look forward to the next one.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Scotty....it must be forty years since I went to a wargames show...probably in Ediburgh about the age of sixteen...and even then, I would have bought more than this! I can even tell you what I bought...a new range of Jacobite Rising 25mm figures, both sides, and I still have some of them, repurposed for the French and Indian War! Shame you forgot to take images if the games, they are always nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Scotty, they let you out at last!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made the show too and had a good time, we spent some money and it was nice to mix with other gamers for a change 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to mix again and glad there was plenty of space

      Delete