Friday 25 February 2022

SCW Attack and Defend

At the club on Thursday night we gave the Fistful of Lead bigger battles rules a second try out. We did plan for a 6 player game, but last minute changes left us with only 3 players. We decided to play on, but just keep commands off table in reserve.

As I was on my own with the Republicans, we agreed that the Nationalists couldn't activate their reserves until the Republicans had begun to call theirs up. A simple game with 3 objectives, a hill, the village and a bridge in the middle of the table.



The bridge was the scene of vicious fighting from both sides. My Carabinieros cut down the Carlists before running from the enemy Panzers. I even lost my armoured car to a direct hit from the Panzer Breda. 

Unfortunately we ran out of time for the game, we definitely needed 6 players. I also want some tokens to track activsted units, as once the reserves entered the fray it became difficult tracking which units had activated.

Now plenty of pictures to give you a flavour of the game.















My favourite moment of the game was when my mortar fire missed its intended target, but deviated to land directly into the middle of a freshly arrived Nationalist army unit. Killing 8 of the 12 figures.

Overall I like these rules, they can be quite bloody, especially if caught in the open at close range.  We've already had a few thoughts of slightly adjusting the casualty table in future games.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like another great game Scotty and good to see you getting quite a few SCW games under your belt after all your hard work getting all the units painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, definitely a bonus getting the figures on the gaming table

      Delete