Sunday 23 January 2022

Refurbished figures

As I've arranged a large multi player game for Thursday, I realised we do not have enough Mahdists for the game, so a few proxies are required. Neil has 4 units of Zulus, Andy another which helps. I have 1 unit of Afghan tribesman, Thom has agreed to paint up another unit while I do the same. Luckily I had these figures left over from my last Colonial project from many years ago. They needed basing and some of the paintwork touched up.



They are all from Foundry miniatures Afghan or Darkest Africa range. Some not for the purists, but they fit and just leaves me 7 figures to complete.

Hopefully we can split the natives into 3 forces 

Zulus, 5 units of Tribal warriors

Madists, 5 units of Tribal warriors and 1 unit of Irregulars

Afghans, 1 unit of Tribal warrios and 2 units of Irregulars.

I also took the opportunity to complete 2 more bases of scrub  adding a few rocks  borrowed from the garden.



So best get back to painting the last of the figures I need.

8 comments:

  1. I’m sure they can hide at the back and they will fight just as well 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely being old and wise, they will fight well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necessity is the mother of invention...and painting motivation! I say, press them into service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, these veterans get their day on Thursday

      Delete
  4. They are all "Natives" in true Colonial parlance, and will act as bullet magnets just as satisfactorily as a pure Mahdist force.

    ReplyDelete