Sunday 2 January 2022

Happy New Year and 2021 in Retrospect

Firstly just wishing everyone a Happy New Year. lets hope 2022 is better than the last couple of years we have gone through. 

So how did 2021 go? on the painting front my numbers were down about 25% on the previous year, just reaching 808 for the year. Suffering for the most part as I painted very few 15mm figures. Also as the club finally re-opened in the summer much of my painting opportunity reduced as I managed to start gaming again. I did however complete 2 projects this year. I completed the WW2 Winter Russians and my Prussian Corps for the FPW (Finally). My main efforts though were focused very much on the Spanish Civil War, probably accounting for about 30% of the painting total. This project will hopefully see some more additions in 2022 as I need to add some more Militia and probably the Legion. I also dabbled in some Lord of the Rings, 10mm Modern, Gaslands, Napoleonics and lately Colonials. For the second year running no tricorns were painted.

On the club front we moved to some new premises just before Christmas. Though a smaller room it is lockable, cheaper and we can game additional nights for no extra costs. Hopefully no more lock-downs so we can enjoy a full year of gaming.

So plans for 2022?  I am also consciously trying not to start any new major projects for 2022. I did order the Pony Wars rules before the New Year with a few starter figures (These don't count). As previously mentioned I do want to add a few more figures to the Spanish Civil War collection. I also need to complete my Mahdists to get some Colonial gaming in. After that probably look to complete my Napoleonic Austrians, Ancient Greeks, Carthaginians etc. So 2022 will definitely be about completing or adding to existing collections. Wonder how long that lasts.

Lastly I just hope to get more games in.

So have a good New Year all and happy gaming

10 comments:

  1. More gaming sounds like a good ambition 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphrase, "Read my lips. No NEW projects!" Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...yes, I agree with Mr Freitag! 2021 didn't sound all bad though, if you were down on painting because you played more games ...I would be happy with that situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still got armies painted in 2020 that are still awaiting their first game

      Delete
  4. Good progress.
    We ought to have a blogger "No new projects this year" competition, see who holds out longest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good idea. Only 4 days in and already been tempted by some 10mm fantasy figyres, but resisting

      Delete
  5. More gaming is a good resolution, it's one of mine too.

    No new projects? Well, we all try.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete