Saturday 14 August 2021

Seven days to the River Rhine

It had to happen, a new period and a change of scale. I blame Scrivs and the lovely stuff he has on his blog  https://scrivsland.blogspot.com/search/label/Seven%20Days%20to%20the%20River%20Rhine?m=0 . The 10mm stuff these days are lovely sculpts so time to dive in. Luckily Dave at the club has agreed to put together the Brits, so I went Warsaw Pact.

I've decided to pick a category 2 armoured company, so T-62s and T-55s. I've pick up a couple of small batches of figures from Red3 and Timecast and I'm very happy. So first two squadrons completed. Three each of T-62s and T-55s. These are from Red3 miniatures.

T-62S
T-55s
T-55s rear view
Soviet armour
Soviet armour
I've stuck them on some MDF bases, they would be the infantry bases from Flames of War. I've now got some infantry and support vehicles to finish off tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. What Ray said Scotty - these really are very nice indeed - I would not have picked they were 10mm, the detail is amazing and so id the way you have brought it all out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. There is a 7 days to the Rhine errata sheet download fro GEG that makes changes to some vehicle stats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm, found it on the facebook page

      Delete
  3. It must be the time of year for new projects ? 6 or 10 mm is a good scale for modern armour in my view👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Matt. 10mm for me, don't think my eyes could handle 6mm

      Delete
  4. Great work Neil, sorry for hooking you into a new project ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. Quite enjoying the change in scale

      Delete