Sunday 7 March 2021

Witch King of Angmar

Finally found a suitable model to lead my forces of Angmar. The Witch King himself. I do have the GW versions but not that happy with it. This model is from Reaper Miniatures and is described as a Cairn Wraith. I love the pose.



I used a mixed of black and black/green to add some highlights to the black robes. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

I also added a couple of war dogs from Reaper and 4 more infantry. 3 are kitbashed plastics and the other is a Foundry Frank.



I already have a dog handler painted up for the war dogs. These are big and I'm tempted to add a few more. I've now got another batch of infantry to complete and another 6 cavalry to increase the unit size.

6 comments:

  1. Nice I strangely quite like the GW version but variety is good 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, I just wanted something different

      Delete
  2. Those highlights work very well Neil, I wouldn't have thought to use green. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Witch King looks great, as do the infantry reinforcements and canine warriors

    ReplyDelete