Sunday, 13 September 2020

German slingers and Gallic cavalry

It was time to go back to my Ancient Germans and complete the one missing unit, the slingers. Now I've only found Crusader miniatures that actually produce German slingers, but they are in a mixed pack with archers. I did contemplate just using some Celtic slingers as proxies, but this didn't feel right. I then hit on the idea of just kit bashing some spare Warlord celtic figures, spare heads from Victrix and slings from the Caesarian Roman sprues. 

It took about 20 minutes to put together the 6 slingers. Some of the poses could be better but I'm happy with them.



Next up it was to finish a second unit of Gallic Noble cavalry. These are all metal figures from 1st Corps. 2 are actually spare unarmoured German cavalry with head swaps. Done just for variety. I also used some spare Warlord shields to use up some leftover shield transfers.


 
This nicely completes my Gallic cavalry, giving me 2 units. If need be I can add a 3rd unit using the Victrix figures from my Caesarian Roman force.


As I now have pretty much 3 completed forces for Infamy, what next? I do have a couple of units of Caesarian infantry to paint up then I may start on some Imperial Roman auxiliaries. There are also a few more Deployment points that need doing as well as a couple of more scenic pieces to complete.

8 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Creating units from kit-bashed leftovers, I like it!

Neil Scott said...

Cheers Jonathan, the beauty of plastic figures is all the spare pieces you get

Matt Crump said...

Tremendous progress on the project 👍

Neil Scott said...

Cheers Matt

Phil said...

Nice looking minis, interesting progress on Infamy...

Neil Scott said...

Cheers Phil, just need to get a game in

Gonsalvo said...

Good adaptations, and handsome cavalry!

Neil Scott said...

Thank you