Wednesday 30 September 2020

FPW Prussian IR#10 Grenadiers

This is the second infantry unit completed for VI Corps, the 10th. They are given an honorific title as Grenadiers.

Like the last regiment the figures are all from Outpost and the flag is from Maverick Models. However this time I did the coats slightly lighter shade of blue than the last unit. I had taken a couple of photos at the museum at Gravelotte and find that the coats are not quite as dark as I thought.


As can be seen, there is little difference between the French and Prussian coat colour.



Pretty happy to get these completed. With some progress being made on this project I have ordered the required artillery for the Division. Helps break up the painting queue. I find 30 figure units problematic to paint, ideally I should break them down to smaller chunks.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work and good progress 30 man units depending on the scale are definitely a challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. I think 30 figures is my limit for a batch

      Delete
  2. Good job! For 15mm figures, I find about 36 is my upper limit in one batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. Pretty sure I would have to split 36 figures into two batches

      Delete
  3. Nice work Neil. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good looking troops! For 28's, about 90 is my max, but 36 or so works better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking unit Neil. I'm with you, the lighter shade looks much nicer—it can be the version early in the campaign, before too much weathering!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete