Monday 3 June 2019

Ottoman Turks

At last my painting mojo seems to be returning. Over the last 2 weeks has seen a bit of progress in my Ottoman army. This also coincided with a bargain I picked up from EBay  which provided the stimulus to get things painted.

First up is 6 squadrons of Siphahi from Roundway miniatures. Seemed to paint up better than the last batch I did.



Next up were 6 squadrons of Akinji, also from Roundway. Now these I did not enjoy painting, but persevered to get them finished.



Next were 2 units if irregular infantry armed with melee weapons. These were part of the Ebay purchase and are the old Mikes Models.


Next were 2 squadrons of Wallachian cavalry, again Mikes Models. These were added to the 4 squadrons I had painted up over 30 years ago.



Lastly was 6 new commanders. A mixture of Roundway and Mikes Models. I've also included a group photo.



As I mentioned I picked up a bargain from EBay which included 19 packs of Mikes Models Turks. All for £10. They include Siphahi, Dellus, Wallachians, Infantry and officers. Keep me going for a while.

10 comments: