Sunday 31 March 2019

Quick Terrain

After a few large skirmish games at the club for our modern figures. It became apparent that we needed more buildings. I even had a scenario thought up that would need double what we have.

Now these days you can pick up anything in MDF at very reasonable prices. However i had a pack of unopened 5mm foam board which is perfect for adobe style buildings. So armed with a knife, polyfilla, glue and masking tape I set to work.

A week later a 4 completed buildings and a bit of extra walling. I do have another slightly larger building that just needs finishing. Now these aren't my best work  but serviceable for the games table.




I'll add these to the 4 I already have giving me a total of 9 buildings. John currently has another 4 and was going to add a few MDF ones, while Mitch is planning on some extra walling and buildings using foam board.

8 comments:

  1. I looked to see if this was listed under labels, but didn't find it, so my apologies if this is a much-discussed topic:

    How did you get the adobe effect? Did you mix something into the paint beforehand, or sprinkle it on after the buildings were coated? In any case, it looks great!

    Best regards,

    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris. The model is covered with a fine layer of polyfilla. Most of the joins were covered with masking tape which also helps with the effect

      Delete