Friday 22 March 2019

More GNW /WSS Danish horse

For some reason the painting mojo returns when I'm painting Tricorns. Though I can't see me starting any new armies, there is still a bit of unpainted lead to add to existing forces.

This time I've added 2 more cuirassiers regiments to the Danish army. This brings the Danes up to 39 squadrons. Another 6 of Dragoons and they should be finished.

First up is 3 squadrons of 1st Fynske. Figures are all from Dixon miniatures. The flag is pure conjecture using the cuff colours colours as the field colour.



The next regiment is Ahlefelds cuirassiers. These are also all Dixon miniatures. Again I've used pure conjecture for the flag. I've also went for a slightly lighter blue on the cuffs, reasoning that the colour would have faded on campaign.




Now I just need to paint up a couple of extra brigadiers to command the additional regiments.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice, a friend of mine and I have been acquiring GNW figs and references for years, without actually painting any of them. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 39 squadrons!!!! That's mental, great looking additions though Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Scotty. I hope you post a pic of them all together some time. I think it would look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers David. Will do a group shot eventually

      Delete