Saturday 2 March 2019

Back to Tricorns

Well after dabbling in fantasy and modern figures it is back to my first love, Tricorns. This time the War of Spanish Succession. This is the Fitzjames regiment of Horse. They were an Irish regiment raised in France in 1689. I've painted up 3 squadrons, all of the figures are from Dixon miniatures.



When I've checked my storage box I've realised these were desperately needed. My Franco Bavarians only have 21 squadrons of Horse and Dragoons. So to rectify this I've got 6 squadrons of Bavarian cuirassiers prepped and ready for undercoating.

18 comments:

  1. I do love a tricorn! Great brushwork Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Fitzjames - weren’t they the most defeated regiment in the French army?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's better Scotty, 'normal' soldiers again!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see a return to historicals and WSS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Some fine civilized fellows with classy headgear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricorns, tremendous tricorns...Well done Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking Regiment Neil!

    ReplyDelete