Wednesday, 27 May 2015

WSS Hessians

I have continued to try and round out my force of Hessians for this period. Blue coats are such a nice change from painting red and white. So first up is 2 battalions of the Prince Leopold regiment. The figures are all from Warrior except the command which is from Dixon. The flags once again were produced by Mick.

Prince Leopold
Prince Leopold
Next up I completed 2 battalions of Grenadiers, these figures are all from the excellent range by Dixon miniatures. At the moment they do not have any flags. This is because I put in a small order with maverick models as I have seen some good reports on their flags. I also purchased some for my Hessian horse units. So these will have flags added as soon as they arrive.

Hessian Grenadiers
Hessian Grenadiers
This brings my Hessian strength up to 10 battalions of foot, 2 Horse regiments and a regiment of Dragoons. I do currently have Auroch's dragoons on the painting table and will have to purchase some extra figures for the 3rd horse regiment. I also have enough figures to complete the 2 battalions of Lowenstien's regiment. I still need to do some research on the Hessian artillery, i.e uniforms and gun colours, so far turned up very little.

Here is all of the foot completed to date. I did notice that some of the older units have a different finish to the base and will need rectifying in due course.

Hessian infantry
Hessian infantry

3 comments:

Phil said...

Nice looking units, a good job!

Neil Scott said...

cheers Phil

Rodger said...

Great work Scotty! They look fantastic!