In preparation for the first game of pillage I quickly completed a few more warriors. This time a few in chain armour as so far the force was looking a little brittle. These are all from Footsore miniatures, I also picked a few mounted figures only to discover the Irish don't have them in Pillage.
These all saw action in tonight's game along with the plastic building from Victrix which was in the starter set. I didn't use the wood frames of the roof as I preferred the model without it and helped it match with the rest of the collection.
And so to the first game of Pillage. We just set up the table, picked some random figures and worked our way through the rules. They are simple enough to pick up, but we would have benefited from a QRS, especially for combat. It was an easy victory for the Vikings who managed to extract enough booty from the village. My lack of ranged weapons hampered the defence as I initially seemed too far away. I did though get the satisfaction of killing the Viking leader. A few photos from the game.
In other news I've managed to make a start on a new side project. A skirmish game so thankfully a low figure count. Though plenty of scenery will be needed.
















No comments:
Post a Comment