Friday, 24 July 2026

More 15mm Pony Wars

Just another quick update as I make a little more progress on this collection. First up was some 15mm tepees from Hovels They may be a little on the small size compared to more modern sculpts, but at £2.50 for 2 they are an absolute bargain. Peter Pig charge £6 for 1. They are were just given a quick paint up.

I'll definitely pick up some more of these as well as some from Peter Pig for added variety. I can't imagine that tepees came in an agreed size. I want to have quite a large village, at least 10 models will be required. On the theme of Hovels, I picked up some of their mounted Native Americans. These are a good size match with the Peter Pig and Tabletop figures I already have. They also add some much needed variety. I'm quite impressed with the Hovels figures despite their age.



L to R, Hovels, Hovels, Peter Pig & Tabletop

For the US cavalry I've added 2 officers, both foot and mounted. These are from Peter Pig


Now on to a bonus. As I was working my way through the figures I had already purchased, I picked up a conversation at the club at my ideas for wargaming the period when Robbo mentioned he had some leftover figures from his own Pony Wars collection that I could have. I gladly accepted, all he wanted for them was to paint up a pack of Indian villagers. So now I am the proud owner of around 40 Friekorps native American cavalry. They are only slightly larger but should mix very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment