Sunday, 19 July 2026

15mm Pony Wars

After getting the latest FPW game out of the way I was able to concentrate on the new Pony Wars project in 15mm. First off the painting table was 16 bases of Native american warriors. I'll likely group these into units of between 4 and 6 bases for the games. Most of the figures are from the old Tabletop range from Alternative Armies. There are only 3 poses including the warleader, but they are cheap and good to fill out the ranks. There are also a couple of packs fro Peter Pig mixed in as they are a very good size match and offer more variety.




The next batch of figures were two companies of US cavalry from Peter Pig, I had already done the dismounted versions. The flags are from wargames design and will do for now. I even got around to adding the flags to the dismounted companies.



'A' company

'B' company

I've also had a number of orders arrive. From Hovels I have 6 tepee's, some more mounted Native Americans, some villagers and Crow Scouts. From Tabletop I have some foot and mounted armed civilians and another batch of mounted Native Americans. From Peter Pig I have a third US Cavalry company including dismounted troopers, a couple of mounted officers and a supply wagon. I am also awaiting a couple of orders, one from QRF with another supply wagon and 4 companies of US infantry, the other from Peter Pig with more mounted Native Americans and a couple of Warleaders. So plenty to keep me going over the next month ot so.

18 comments:

  1. Nice work and interesting project👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin forward to seeing the injuns partner. I am hoping do similar in 10mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I did consider 10mm and only went 15mm as I already had figures in the lead pile

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, it's easy to focus on a new project

      Delete
  4. You turned them out quickly Neil!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Neil, I always like a fast start on a new project, helps build a little momentum

      Delete
  5. Great stuff to have fun with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Scotty - we have had a few fun games with Pony Wars scenarios over the years - as long as you are not too concerned about the morality of the plain's wars of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, the games will definitely have a nod to Hollywood

      Delete
  7. A substantial start with plenty more to keep you going!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James, definitely plenty to keep me going

      Delete
  8. Nice looking figures. You did a good job. Will you be adding natives on foot, or just mounted? I'll echo that this is a good start and looking forward to seeing it's progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers I've got some Natives on foot to do, around 20 or so

      Delete