Monday 26 February 2024

Hedges and Covenanters

So after getting some decorating done, I spent the weekend full steam ahead on the Marston Moor Project. First up was completing another 8ft of hedges. A mix of my type 3 and 4. I even managed to start another 4ft, so hopefully should have enough soon.



I did use up the last of the fencing I had left. Just wish I knew where I got them from to pick up some more.

Next up was a couple of buildings from Battlescale. This should round out all the buildings that I'll need.


And just to end, 2 more regiments of Covenanter foot. I've earmarked the front regiment as Lord Leven's own. The rear is just another generic regiment.


That brings the Covenanters up to 50% strength for the game. Just 6 infantry, 3 horse and a few commanders to go.

During a current playtest of the rules, casualty markers will be required, so I've put an order in to Peter Pig. I'll base them with a dice holder to cover multiple casualties, keeps the numbers required down.

16 comments:

  1. Neil, you are firing all cylinders on multiple fronts. Eight feet of additional hedgerows is a lot. how many linear feet do you have in total? I am impressed out how quickly you turn out a regiment of foote. I have yet to start even one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. I think I'm upto about 22ft of hedges, another 8ft should do it. The epic scale regimens are quite quick to paint up, much faster than individual figures

      Delete
  2. Never too many hedges. Especially when they look that good. Pike units too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on all the scenery Neil - and of course, the additional regiments of Scots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent scenery and unit. I think that you might have more hedges than some of the farmers nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, I'm just glad they are easy to make

      Delete
  5. That's a hell of a lot of hedges!!! Great work Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First class regiments of Covenanter foot, I do like them...as the superb hedges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beaut terrain Neil. I really like your rows of determined looking Scots (in this post and below), in drab colours with a splash of colour. Really impressive and effective.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete