Tuesday 20 February 2024

Another Covenanter Regiment

My enthusiasm for this project has picked up recently as I feel I can finally concentrate on getting the last of the required troops done in readiness for September. This is the 3rd regiment of foot for the Covenanters. The flag is from Wargames Designs for an unknown regiment.



This gets me to 3 of the 12 regiments required. I've got another 3 undercoated and ready to paint  up. There is also a 3rd regiment of cavalry just requiring basing. Overall this brings the project to over 75% complete. Quite a feat. I've also ordered a couple of extra sprues as I want to replace the individual pikemen on a couple of units for Rupert's command.

On the scenery front I've also made some progress on another 8 foot of hedges. A mix of my type 3 and 4. Hopefully get these finished this week. After that about the same number again should be sufficient.

Type 3 hedges

Type 4 hedges

This is definitely my last batch of type 4 as using clump foliage is a pain and very messy to use. I've also got a couple of sheets of pan scourer to use up and find these much easier to produce.

12 comments:

  1. A fine looking unit, love the hedges too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb regiment, hedges and fences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great unit and hedges. Would like to see type 1 and 2 hedges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, Type 1 and 2 here https://scottyswargaming.blogspot.com/2023/09/show-loot-more-hedges-and-bitten-off.html

      Delete
  4. Your project is firing on all cylinders. Where do you buy individual sprues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. I pick up individual sprue off EBay, plenty of folk selling them on

      Delete
  5. Obviously missed this post somehow - nice Covenanter unit and the hedges look great too!

    ReplyDelete