Friday 4 November 2022

Praetors vs Greywolves

Well the 6mm sci fi collection got a run out this week as we tried the rules from the Songs of Blades stable. Mitch who ran the game kept it simple. Three Mechs, 3 tanks and 3 APCs with infantry per side. The Greywolves were defending a re-purposed runway, while the Praetors were sent to investigate. 


The game began with the Praetor Mechs and APCs advancing towards the central built uo area, while the infantry disembarked to occupy the buildings. The tanks moved out west to cover the flank.




Almost immediately the indantry came under attack with one of the buildings being destroyed. A second Greywolf Mech opened up on my light mech causing a little damage.

A third mech fired upon an oil refinery, causing an explosion that engulfed my APCs, destroying one.


My light mech then closed quickly on its opponent, though damage seemed negligible. Even support from my heavy mech did little damage. My light mech then came under fire from 2 mechs and the tanks. Destabilized and knocked over. 



Eventually my Heavy mech got into range, with devastating fire, destroying an enemy mech and knocking out a tank. My own tanks then got into range and with combined fire, knocked out a second mech.

Meanwhile the Greywolf heavy mech then opened up on my heavy mech, knocking it out, before itself was dealt catastrophic damage. The Greywolf infantry did have some success in finishing off the Praetor infantry.


A good fun game that no doubt will get another run out in the future.

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you getting in a game. If you are playing in 6mm, how large are the Mechs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mechs are actually 10mm scale from Reaper Cav. Roughly between 50 and 75mm tall

      Delete
  2. Something different 👍I quite like the idea of some sci-fi gaming but never get the chance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just something I dabble in now and again

      Delete
  3. Any game is a good game, I reckon. Not my thing (so far!) but the mechs look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete