Wednesday 26 October 2022

SCW Carlists

It seems like an age since I painted anything. I put that down to these figures. 4 Carlists for the Spanish Civil War.  They are from Templar miniatures and they were not a joy to paint. I have other of their figures and they were fine, admittedly painted many years ago. I think they just don't compare to more modern figures from companies like Empress.



Still they are done and they provide my Carlists with an LMG team which is sadly missing from the Empress range.

I now need to convince the other half to allow me to move my painting station into the conservatory. Its too dark, cold and damp at this time of year to paint in the shed.

8 comments:

  1. Getting motivated to paint figures that do not inspire can be a hard chore. Moving the painting station may improve the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Still need yo convince the better half

      Delete
  2. They look good to me, Scotty! I have been considering a small force of Templer figures as a Spanish contingent for my Pulp madness, possibly the Guardia Civile, with their iconically distinctive headwear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. I have the Asaltos and they were nice to paint. Just these Carlists were not

      Delete
  3. Nothing wrong with those Neil? Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very nice Neil, all the best to resist to a dark, cold and wet period!

    ReplyDelete