Friday 29 October 2021

More Firepower

Well it had to be done. To support my Colonial force I added a gatling gun from Perry miniatures. A lovely model. It gives me an extra option for my core force of 24 points.


I also completed 'C' Company of my Royal Marines.  Again these are all Perry plastics from their Zulu war British box set.


And here is the whole force in a square, ready to receive a charge from the local  natives.




I just need to complete the 9lb artillery piece and a unit of irregular volunteer cavalry. If I add the unit of Boers, that would give me two 24 point forces. I've now made a start on building some of the Perry Mahdists.

14 comments:

  1. They look great Scotty. I look forward to seeing the Mahdists - they have been in the back of my mind for several years but nothing has happened with those thoughts to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. Hopefully get to them shortly

      Delete
  2. Every colonial force ought to sport a Gatling gun. Maybe two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, that's a thought, 2 gatling guns

      Delete
  3. A crackling addition!
    Gatling guns seem a bit like the Organ guns of the Renaissance; eitgher everyone tries to stay as far away as possible, or they try to wipe them out as soon as they can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter. I know what you mean, can see it being quickly targeted

      Delete
  4. Naval units and a gatling! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colonial troops Neil, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you say Neil it had to be done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Neil. Quite the force you've amassed there.

    ReplyDelete