Monday 19 October 2020

A call to the Darkside

In between the Franco Prussian war project I couldn't help but add a few more Stormtroopers to my collection. First up is two squads and a pair of 74-Z Scout speederbikes. These were all part of a bundle I picked up off EBay for under £20.


I also picked up a box of the Stormtrooper reinforcements set. These provide an extra commander and some extra heavy support weapons. With those already painted, brings the total up to 25 Stormtroopers.


I do have 2 extra Stromtroopers to paint, but these are from the Imperial Assault game. They are noticeably smaller. I can raise their bases and then hide them within the units.

I also picked up some Rebel troopers. These were already painted. I did intend to repaint these as they didn't look the best in the pictures. However when they arrived, they looked much better in the flesh, so just some rebasing and they are ready to go.

So what next. I've a couple of Bounty hunter types from Diehard miniatures which look very much like Mandalorians. There is also 4 Emperors Bodyguards from the EBay bundle to paint. I wouldn't mind adding some more Speederbikes, some of the film characters and a few more Rebels.

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I have some of these on my painting desk too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. I've enjoyed painting these

      Delete
  2. I can see the attraction and a suitable break from painting blue !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to vary what I'm painting for my own sanity

      Delete
  3. I prefer historic miniatures, but stormtroopers on speederbikes, fabulous!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James. Prefer historicals as well..but Stormtroopers

      Delete
  4. Great stuff.

    I picked up another set of the core rules this week so plan to paint a few more Rebels of my own over winter and Victoria can pad out her Empire forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. Still undecided on picking up the core set.

      Delete