Saturday 31 October 2020

More Star Wars random stuff

As I awaited the next batch of figures to arrive, I decided to quickly paint up the random figures that I had left. First up is 2 proxy Mandalorians.  These are both metal figures from Diehard miniatures. They are very nice, though unsure on the powerfist for Star wars.



Next was an Imperial officer from the Assault board game. He is quite thin in comparison to the legion figures. He is though rather quick and easy to paint.


And just so the rebels didn't feel left out I added an AT-RT. At first I was quite daunted painting this up, but needn't have been. I just worked up from field drab, just adding small amounts of bone colour to each layer. The trooper just followed the same colour schemes as the foot sloggers.




As the collection of figures grows my attention is turning towards some scenery. I have ordered a couple of resin pieces to start me off. I also had a look on Etsy and there are some great 3D printed stuff, shame most were US based and the postage would cost more than the models. I did though nick a few ideas for some sheds for my backwater smugglers spaceport. They were quick builds out of foamcard and some random leftover plastic pieces. A quick paint up and they will suffice.



These are very rough models, but they will add some cover to games.

Searching through the unpainted figures, I can add 7 Imperial scouts, 12 Fleet troopers, 12 Rebel infantry, Jyn Erso and Han Solo. On order I have 3 resin variant Rebel troopers as well as Jabba the Hut.

8 comments:

  1. The project is certainly developing well👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. Still a few more things to add

      Delete
  2. A nice assortment of loosely linked useful Star Wars odds and ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart work Neil.
    Have you seen the Clan Wren stuff yet? I picked up Sabine & a couple of boxes back in September for Victoria's Birthday present.
    I plan to get back to painting more of my own Rebels in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. I've seen them and I'm very tempted. May put them on the Christmas wish list

      Delete