Monday 22 February 2010

WSS Weekend

I had the pleasure this weekend of of playing a number of Marlburian games at Micks. In addition to myself there was also Jon and Mike. The Saturday was of Two battles side by side each of 300 points using Mikes rules on hexes. For my first battle I was paired off against Mike and his Dutch army. After a tough opening saw my batteries overrun by Dutch Cavalry, A flanking move by 2 brigades of horse and 2 brigades of foot fell on the right flank off the Dutch also coinciding with a frontal assault by the Saxon Guards eventually forced back the Dutch resulting in a victory for the Saxon/Imperial forces.

The Advancing Dutch Army

The Main Saxon Army
The Flanking force of Imperial Infantry and Cavalry

The Saxon line awaits the Dutch emerge from the shadows

The Imperial troops fall on the Dutch flank
My second opponent of the day was the host Mick and his Bavarian army. (forgot to take photos of this game). After a very slow start for my Saxon/Imperial forces saw the Initiative with the Bavarian for the first half of the battle. Eventually the tables slowly turned in my favour with the arrival of a Brigade of Saxon Cavalry emerging from a wooded hill to fall on the flank of the Bavarian infantry. A hard fought battle that hung in the balance until the last few moves before reulting in a second victory for the Saxon/Imperial army.

No comments:

Post a Comment