Monday 18 September 2017

New Project

As I hinted in a previous post, I've started work on a new project. Though I'm still working on my Poles in the background. It all came about after a visit to the Border Reiver show. The Dave Thomas stand was selling Victrix boxed sets 3 for £45.  So Thom, Neil and myself decided to pick up a boxed set of Napoleonics each. Thom chose French, Neil the British leaving me with the Austrians. Our aim is to put together forces for the Sharps Practice rules.

So 56 Austrians for £15 was too good a bargain.  I also picked up a Perry's high command set. I've already decided on a starting force, picking up a couple of extra sprues on Ebay. I should end up with 2 battalions each with 3 groups of fusiliers a single unit if 3rd rank skirmishers. I can then add some Jaegers or cavalry at a later date.

So here are the first figures painted up. 2 groups of fusiliers and some command figures.






Must admit I'm impressed with the Victrix figures. These being the first I've put together. Quite straightforward to put together. Just need to add the flag. I've already started the 3rd group of fusiliers and have built the skirmishers.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers. I was originally thinking to use them as 23rd IR

      Delete
  2. Excellent! I rather like Sharp Practice and some Austrians will make a pretty cool force.

    ReplyDelete