Sunday 26 February 2017

WSS / GNW Danes VII

Despite it being the school half term and having a weeks break from work, I've made slow progress. I did finish the refurbishment of the last 2 battalions for my nephew. For my own collection I knuckled down and completed the 2 batteries of Artillery as well as a couple of officers.


The figures for both batteries are from Warrior Miniatures.  You cannot beat them for value with 4 guns costing only £2.50. I was struggling to find info on the carriage colours and had to rely on the TMP forum. I do quite like the red and gold colours.

The 2 command bases represent a Brigadier and a more senior line commander. The 2 officers are from Bluemoon and the drummer is a left over figure from Roundway. I do have a couple of packs from Roundway for extra commanders. Should be enough for an Army general, line commander and 3 more Brigadiers.


On the painting table I decided to concentrate on completing the Danish infantry. I've 3 more battalions prepped, the 3rd battalion of the Droningin regiment and 2 battalions from the Prince Christian regiment. With these and the 3 battalions of the Jydske regiment to paint should complete the Danish infantry.

8 comments:

  1. You can't beat that sort of value, great work as usual Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow...but very nice! Great looking figures, love the commanders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. Always liked the violet for the Danish artillery uniforms - most unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. Not sure I got the colour right but close enough

      Delete