Sunday 23 October 2016

GNW Swedes

After completing my Saxon figures, I thought it was time to try and finish off some more of my Swedish troops. I've added 3 more battalions of infantry and an extra regiment of Horse. I do have enough figures left over to put together another 10 squadrons of horse, 6 squadrons of dragoons and a combined Grenadier battalion.

First up is the 3 infantry battalions. They are the 2nd battalion for the Halsinge regiment and 2 battalions from the Sodermanlands battalion, chosen because of their white stockings. The figures are all from Dixon Miniatures.



The cavalry regiment I chose was the Nyland regiment. I've completed 3 squadrons. I decided on these as I liked the grey coats. The figures for these are all from Roundway, slightly chunkier than the Dixon's but still nice figures..


I've also been having a look through the battles of the Great Northern War in which the Saxons participated as I want to be able to have enough troops to fight these battles. I have noticed that I need a few extra Dragoons for Fraustadt. One other thing that is definitely missing is some Russians from the Auxiliary Corps that was sent to support the Saxons between 1702 and 1706. So with some figures kindly donated from Mick I have made a start. I only need 10 battalions of which 8 are line, 1 Grenadier and 1 Streltsy battalion. Pictures will be posted in a couple of days.

12 comments: