Wednesday 27 March 2024

More Scots and a handful of Royalists

It was quite a productive weekend for me on the Marston Moor project. 3 additional units completed. I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. First up was the 8th regiment of Scottish foot. Like the last regiment I decided to add a little variation to the blue bonnets. After using different colours for the blankets, I'm running out of ways to differentiate the units with all that grey when on the table at 3 foot away. Once again the flags are from Wargames design.



Next up is the 4th regiment of Scottish horse, the second of which are lancers. These suffer the same issues as the rest of the Epic scale cavalry. You also only get 2 poses which doesn't help. I ended up adding in spare officers to create a little variety.



The last lot of figures are some commanded shot for Prince Rupert's Royalists. These are all from Peter Pig which are a very good match for the Epic scale figures.



I went for a mix of coat colours to create the illusion they are drawn from different regiments. Not too happy with the blue./grey coats. With these done I can concentrate on the rest of the Covenanter contingent and some casualty markers, while Mitch completes Rupert's command


8 comments:

  1. A good weekend of hobby productivity there Scotty - always most satisfying! The Covenanters look great although I do see the issue with the Epic cavalry, which you have mentioned previously - shame they could not run to 3 or 4 poses......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. Thankfully I only need 2 more regiments of the cavalry and they'll be hidden among the most of troops for the game

      Delete
  2. Quite productive looks like an understatement to me. Terrific success on the painting front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to turn out superb units Neil.

    ReplyDelete