Monday 22 August 2016

GNW Swedes and Poles

After painting up more of my Saxon troops, thoughts turned to their opponents and allies. I have already got a small force of Swedes and decided it was time to finish this army. It will only be a small army of 10 battalions and approx 20 squadrons of horse and dragoons. I did make a start on these a long time ago with half of the troops finished. So I decided to add another finished battalion, this time from the Halsigne regiment, mainly because I like the flag.



Like the rest of my Swedish infantry I have tried to mix the headgear for variety and a campaign look. The figures are all from the excellent Dixon Miniatures range.

Like the Swedes I also have a small force of Poles that need to completed. They generally played a minor role in the Great Northern War, but they do add colour. I've added another 3 squadrons of Pancerni to the force, bringing them up to 12. Will need a fair few more if I ever want to refight Klissow.



The figures I used are from Essex, very nice sculpts but do suffer from the small Base syndrome. Next it will be back up more Swedes and some Saxon dragoons.

6 comments: