Sunday 9 August 2015

Franco Prussian War progress part 2

With the big game edging ever closer and utilising some time off work I have continued to paint up my forces, concentrating on finishing the Bavarian I Corps. First up is 1 of the 2 units of Jagers that I require for the second division, the other is just awaiting to be based up. As usual the figures are all from Outpost.


Next is 3 more batteries of guns for the Corps. This brings me up to 7 batteries for the Bavarians (think my French might need more guns). Also the Divisional Commander can be seen hiding behind them.


I have also painted up enough figures to represent 2 battalions of the 13th infantry regiment as well as some prone markers, enough for 1 to each regiment. Thankfully Dave has passed on some spare figures that will allow me to bring these and the 10th up to 3 battalion strength.



As mentioned in an earlier post Mick provided me with a rather large bundle of cavalry figures, enough for me to put together enough regiments for a Prussian Cavalry brigade. I have increased the strength of the 2 cuirassier regiments and have now added a regiment of hussars.



With some left over figures I have added an artillery battery and used a spare Cuirassier officer painted up to look like a Prussian Divisional commander. He will suffice for now. The flags for the Cuirassiers are purely conjectural as not much information is available for them.



For a project that has stalled for the last couple of years I am rather proud that I have finally finished this Corps. So much so I am already thinking of adding a Prussian or Baden infantry Division and a second French Corps, possibly the 12th as it contains a division of marines.

4 comments:

  1. Very fine indeed. A great period, and really looking forward to seeing more of your units for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice work Scotty! Really like the Hussars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, very nice job...and a great period!

    ReplyDelete