Thursday 30 July 2015

Franco Prussian War progress

I have been preparing the map for the Battle of Froschwiller to fit hexes. We will be doing the re-fight as a what if scenario. MacMahon had originally planned for the battle to take place on the 8th August 1870 but kicked off a day early when the Bavarian II Corps brought on a full engagement after skirmishing with the French I Corps. What this will allow though is much ,ore troops on the board.

The French will be able to field 3 full Corps,  historically I, V and VII. We will have to use I,II and III as that is the figures we have. this gives us 10 infantry divisions and 3 cavalry divisions. We will also have the use of the Imperial Guard in reserve, another 2 infantry and a cavalry division.

For the Prussians we will be able to field the Bavarian I and II corps, Prussian V and XI Corps and XIV made up of Wurtemburg and Baden troops. However we will be substituting one of the Prussian Corps for a Saxon Corps as Mick has painted them up ready for their first action. Also the Baden division for XIV will have to be replaced with a Prussian infantry and cavalry division. That will give us 10 infantry divisions and 3 cavalry divisions.

So onto my progress, 2 more infantry regiments and some Chasseurs for the 2nd division of Bavarian I Corps. Both of these regiments are at full strength of 3 battalions. With the Chasseurs their are 2 regiments which I have brigaded together to a 4 stand unit.


I have sent off another order to Outpost for the additional infantry I require for the last regiment and the 2 Jager regiments that I need. I will also need to add 3 artillery pieces for the Corps as well as a Prussian piece for my cavalry division. Now just need to paint up those pesky Prussian hussars.


I have also updated the pictures on my FPW page for the French III Corps

3 comments: