Sunday 24 August 2014

More Napoleonic odds 'n' sods

In preparation for next weeks game I have been finishing off the last of my available figures before another purchase is due. To add to Darren's French brigade I rustled up some left over French figures I had and put together a 20 figure regiment. Now as the Westphalian X corps contained a number of individual companies from French garrison which game a strength of roughly 2 battalions. These guys would be one such composite battalion. Also it makes up for the lack of elite companies. The figures are a mix of Warmodelling, Old Glory, AB and some I cannot identify, making it quite a mix.

Combined French companies
Combined French Companies
As I missed them in my last post here is the first battalion of the Dutch 6th infantry regiment. These figures are all from Warmodelling.

1st battalion 6th Dutch infantry
1st battalion 6th Dutch infantry
 As I mentioned in an earlier post I was thinking of adding some light cavalry to my Austrians and so I have. Though I did make a mistake in my order and missed 1 command pack. So I have only been able to complete 1 unit so far until I can get my order sent off. These guys are the 2nd Hussar regiment, Erzherzog Joseph Anton, Palatin von Ungarn. I chose these guys as I liked the striking blue uniforms and red shako. The figures are all from Warrior miniatures as well as the flag.

No2. Archduke Josephs Hussars
No2. Archduke Joseph Hussars
To lead my Austrians I decided I needed something more than a simple command figure so instead went for something slightly more dramatic. I had a spare hussar figure, and AB model I think. That I have added to a base to represent him riding up to deliver a report to a commanding officer and his aide. The other 2 officers are from Warrior miniatures.

Generals base
rear view of the General
Following on from refurbishing the bases of Darren's French figures I volunteered to to the same to the British and Russian figures he has lying around the club. A quick look through reveals they are both at about brigade strength and I am sure we can find a use for them in our games. I always feel it is a good thing to dust off old figures and use them again.

7 comments:

  1. A lot of beautiful units, great looking command stands and hussars, and fantastic combined French companies, love the diversity of the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great looking units Scotty! The command stand is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painted units and generals! Love the colours!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size bases do you have the infantry on again?

    ReplyDelete