Saturday 16 March 2024

Prince Rupert's Blewcoats

Rupert's Blewcoats were a Royalist regiment with a rich campaigning history 1624 to 1645 before their demise at Naseby. They are one of the more recognisable regiments that fought at Marston Moor, so I just had to have them. I finally got the regiment completed today. It would have been done earlier, but after gluing to the bases and adding the sand, I noticed that one of the flags was upside down. So I've had to remove the command figures, remove the flags and then order some replacements which finally arrived today from Wargames design.




As can be seen I decided to pick up a spare sprue and change the individual pikemen for an extra strip. I think it looks better and less chance of snapping pikes in the future. I'll use the other spare strip when I do Tilliers' regiment.

10 comments: