Friday 26 June 2020

Gallic Warband

I finally got around to finishing the bases on a second Gallic Warband. These are the plastic figures from Warlord. Very dynamic poses but the shield transfers were a pain, they don't seem to fit well over the shield boss.





I do have enough figures for 2 units of Gallic Cavalry, 1 of Nobles and the other lights. At the moment the intention is for the Gauls to be allies/mercenaries for my Carthaginians and Caesarian Romans. I'm doing my best to resist expanding them into either A Gaul or British army. But who doesn't want to field chariots!

12 comments:

  1. Good work on your Gauls! I think it safe to say everyone wants to field chariots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chariots are a must....and i know what you mean about the transfers i have done a few and they are a real pain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I must resist, at least until I finish my Romans

      Delete
  3. Very nice work on the Gauls Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As lovely as the first Neil. Impetuous every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Neil, I did a load of these years ago, it took me several attempts to find out why the transfers did not work. The obvious answer being that they are stickers not transfers - no amount of soaking in water worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have watched their videos and very tempted but I must resist. Great figures Scotty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave. You know resistance is futile

      Delete