Wednesday 28 August 2019

Battle for Rynn's World

One of my side projects that I dip into now and again is my Rogue Trader era Orks. I always keep an eye on EBay and managed to pick up a few extra figures. First up are 2 heavy weapon figures, both armed with heavy plasma guns.


Next up was a find, 6 partially painted figures which included the 3 command figures for the Ork Raider boxed set. This brings me to 3 completed sets with a couple of spare troopers. I basically just finished these figures off for speed.


Now I did a re-fight a few years back of the Battle of the farm scenario in the back of the rulebook. I had to use my Black Templars as l didn't have any Crimson Fists. Now it was time to correct that after committing to run a Rogue Trader game this week. So a rummage amongst the unpainted pile of figures produced 20 marines. With only a couple of days to go these got a pretty basic paint job, but good enough to satisfy me. Now I can run a mini campaign on Rynn's World.

The force is made up of a Captain, an assault squad and 2 tactical squads. All are under strength which helps depict the state of the Crimson Fists during this war.






I still need to source some decals for the shoulder pads. I do have some but cannot recall where l stored them.

6 comments:

  1. I used to have most of those orks, lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Fran. Think they were the best Ork range they produced

      Delete
  2. Some classics! Great stuff. Rynn's World is a great setting, and our group has enjoyed many games based on the "Battle At The Farm". Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg. The plan is to run a mini narrative campaign at the club

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of how much RT era stuff I have myself. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete