Sunday 18 August 2019

Crimean War Russians

Following my last post I finally completed all of the re-basing of my Russian infantry. Now I don't like re-basing at the best of times, but 10mm figures were a real chore. To complete the units I painted up some additional command figures.

First up are 5 completed battalions, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Minsk. The 3rd and 4th Volhynia. Figures are all Pendraken. I still need to add the flags.


Next are the 6th rifles in skirmish order. I cannot find any specific figures for these in 10mm so used spare figures without the great coat. There are also 3 bases of skirmishers from left over figures to screen the infantry columns.



With these additional units I will need some more brigade commanders. These 3 are from Old Glory and their Napoleonic range. Fit in just fine.


Lastly is the first fully completed new unit, the 57th Don Cossacks. I have 5 squadrons gone so far, but will need 6. Luckily the next regiment only needs 4 squadrons so the spare figures will complete the regiment.



Not bad for a weeks work. I still have a few commanders and some artillery on the painting table before I can start on the last 2 infantry battalions I have figures for.

4 comments:

  1. Great looking troops Neil! I don't like rebasing either, I don't know anyone who does.

    ReplyDelete