Tuesday 29 January 2019

The Host of Mordor gathers

In just a couple of weeks I've made some significant progress on my Mordorim army. The slightly irregular appearance of the orcs is helping to get my painting mojo back.

First up was 8 orc archers to add to the 4 I already had. These are a mix of metal and plastic figures. The metal figures are a boon as their are only 2 archer poses on the plastic sprues.

8 new archers 
Orc light missile unit

Next up was a second unit of orc warriors. These are all plastic figures apart from a second Gorbag model which has had a shield added.

Orc warriors
Now all Orcish hosts need some Uruk-hai. These are 6 of the metal Mordor Uruks including Shagrat. 3 of these were already painted and just needed basing. I would love to build these up to 12 figures. I did check out a well known auction site and I'm not prepared to pay £20 for 3 figures when I need 6. I do have some of the metal Isengard Uruks, which with the appropriate paint scheme should fit in. They also include dome archers to eventually make this a mixed weapon unit.



Rummaging in the lead pile I also came across an Orc Shaman which can be added to a unit as a wizardling.



The force so far
Not a bad little force, to which I can add the Nazgul and Hill Trolls. Now I've got some warg riders and Uruks.

8 comments: