Wednesday 16 January 2019

One Ring to Rule them All

Well it was time to start on a new army based on the forces of Sauron/ Mordor. I'll be fixing these up to match the Dragon Rampant rules which I find give a fun game perfectly playable on a club night.

First up was refitting some already painted figures, namely the Nazgul or Ringwraiths. The models are a mix of figures from the Attack on Weathertop boxed set and a couple of very old GW sculpts. The Fell beast isn't as impressive as the more modern sculpts but I love it.



The first new models for this army is a unit of Hill Trolls. The figures are actually Ogres from the Reaper Bones range. They are cheap and characterful. Went for a blue/stone skin tone. May be a bit too blue, but when I've been struggling to paint anything they will do.





 I now have a horde of orcs and evil men to sort out and get painted.

4 comments: