Sunday 3 February 2019

The Fighting Uruk-hai

As mentioned in my last post I wanted to add a unit of Uruk-hai to the force. I did want to use just the Mordor Uruks that GW produced. However there price was rather exorbitant. So I plumbed with adding some of the metal Isengard Uruks, in particular some now armed figures. In much of the Lord of the Rings background it is apparent that the bow us common among Orcish ranks, so now I have a heavy foot unit with missiles.

Bow armed Uruks
Fighting Uruk-hai 
I think the two versions of Uruks have enough in common to mix easily together. Like the rest of the unit I've concentrated on black being the predominant colour of clothing. I think it makes them rather sinister. Next up should be the completed warg riders and then some Morannon orcs.

2 comments: