Wednesday 23 January 2019

Raise me an army worthy of Mordor........

Well not quite an army and not all for Mordor. After deciding to put together a new force for our clubs Dragon Rampant games, I first needed to clear the painting table so I could focus my efforts. There were a bunch of knights of Minas Tirith which have sat sadly awaiting the finishing touches for a number of years. So these guys were first up. They will nicely add some mobility to my Gondor army.



Not the prettiest of paint jobs. Lots of black, but serviceable for the table top.

So with those guys out the way I could concentrate on the new army. First I gathered up all of the spare sprues of Lord of the Rings orcs I had stashed away. A quick count shows I can put together 3 units of good warriors, a unit of bows and some warg riders. I can then add in some Uruk-hai and additional orcs I've already painted but need touching up and rebasing.

The first 4 figures are completed and act as a bit of a colour test. Must say I'm happy with the black/red combination. I even that a crack at hand painting the banner.



I've now got the other 8 figures awaiting their bases to be finished and the first new unit is complete.

4 comments: