Sunday 5 February 2017

Vapnartak 2017

Once again I made the annual pilgrimage to the York show with some mares from the Cresswell club. Overall I am impressed with the show. Plenty to get me enthused for the start of the year.

On the purchase front I once again went with a list and managed to obtain everything I had wanted. Kallistra for a selection in hex hills, Old Glory and Dixons for some extra WSS figures, mainly command and cavalry. I also picked up some paints from the Warbases stand. I only made 2 extra purchases, some d20 dice and some paintbrushes that were very reasonably priced.

Show loot
On to the games. There was quite a nice selection, again I forgot to take pictures. There was a formula minions game for the kids which looked fun. A very nice Bronze age skirmish game using the SARS rules. I also liked the look of the Montrose game on the ground floor. Overall a great show and looking forward to next year

8 comments:

  1. Nice haul Neil. Sounds like a good time too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Rodger. York is always a good start for the wargames calendar

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the show and the mix of traders and games. It has been a hard and busy weekend but we at York club have a great time putting the show on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice subdued haul there Scott!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, much better and less stressful on the wallet when I take a list

      Delete
  4. I love the line mares, nice to do though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Neil

    Hope you don't mind me contacting you, I note that you wargame now at Cresswell, am interested in starting again can you let me know where and when you meet.

    Do you accept new members/visitors.

    Thanks
    Tom

    ReplyDelete