Tuesday 19 July 2016

I'm still here

I hadn't realised that it's been over a month since my last post. This has nothing to do with not painting or gaming,  just finding a lack of any time to sort out some posts. So just to prove I have been doing something, a few pictures of some current projects.

First up is some extra command stands for my WSS collection. I found I was still a few bases short to represent higher ranking officers. These are a mix of Minifigs and Roundway.


These guys will come in useful this weekend as I will be at Micks for the second game of our WSS campaign.

After reading a number of excellent reviews go the 'To the strongest' rules I made the purchase. I was in a dilemma as I have a very large collection of 28mm figures but couldn't face rebasing them. Instead I decided to rebase my small 15mm DBA armies. I've also made a few purchases to bulk these out. First up are dome additional Greek skirmishers and auxiliary from Essex miniatures.

Greek skirmishers
I've used 80x40mm bases for all of the troops. This way I can adapt the rules to fit my hex mat. My Greek collection so far. I still need to add some static grass to the bases.

Greek Hoplites
Greek Hoplites 
I have also been rebasing my other 15mm ancient figures from Macedonians, Bactrians, Hellenistic Greek and Indians. These will need to be added to to make viable armies.

The rest
Well back to painting and basing.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice job, Greek skirmishers look beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see and hear you're still kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice stuff there Neil. Well done on the re-basing as I hate doing that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, not overly keen on it myself

      Delete