Sunday 21 June 2015

Back to the Franco Prussian War

After what seems like an age I decided to make some more headway on my Franco Prussian stuff. With a big game up at Micks in the Autumn I really need to crack on. Late last year Mick gave me a bagful of mounted figures so I decided to have a sort through. There should be enough for 3 regiments of Prussian Cuirassiers and a hussar regiment. There were also enough figures for the Bavarian Cuirassiers that I need for the Bavarian I Corps.

So with Dave making steady progress on the French guard here I needed to get my skates on. First up was 2 of the Prussian Cuirassier regiments. The figures are all from Essex miniatures, very nice apart from the annoying bases which are much to fine in my humble opinion. Not sure when I will get to field these as I don't have any plans yet to add Prussian infantry divisions.



Next up i made a start on the Bavarian Cuirassiers. I will need these for the game at Micks as I committed to providing a full Corps of Bavarians. I currently have the 1st Division done, and these guys are part of the 2nd division.



Going through my research material for the 2nd division I will need 4 infantry regiments at 1 battalion each (or 6 stands each), 2 small Chasseur regiments (2 stands each) and 2 Jager battalions (4 stands each). After that 3 artillery pieces will be needed to be attached to the Corps. Should be manageable for the Autumn, though need to purchase them first.

6 comments:

  1. Good progress Scotty, but you do realise that all of the cavalry we have both done will die horribly. Look good though!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Dave! Not simple to ride a horse in this war...but so beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, but they will look pretty before they ride to their doom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuirassiers look fantastic Scotty! The Bavarians are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very productive and they look good!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete